TKenney, Ph.D.
TKenney, Ph.D., French Attorney (Avocat à la Cour)
Experience:  Practicing law in France, 10+ years of experience on Paris Bar. Taught French Business Law in US

I'm employed by a French Firm which follow "convention

Customer Question

I'm employed by a French Firm which follow "convention collective nationale des ingénieurs et cadres de la métallurgie". I'm "cadre dirigeant" Position III Coefficient 135. My company want me to sign an "avenant de contrat" which now refers to Directeur with status Cadre Position II Coefficient 135 whereas job scope of work does not change at all.
I would like to know the implication of this status change (i.e retirement scheme, redundancy...).
Waiting for your answer
Category: French Law
Expert:  T Perrin C replied 3 months ago.

Basically, this is not going to change any of the following:

1. Pay scheme (linked to the coefficient which does not change). The 30% bonus (on top of the minimal yearly salary for the coefficient in case you work on a forfait-jours basis, is the same up to position IIIA.
  2. Redundancy (all packages in the CCN IDCC650 are linked to seniority. The préavis, or notice period, is the same for Positions II and III.
  3. Retirement scheme and conditions.

Basically, from a conventional point of view it is only cosmetic. On would need to check any "accord" specific to your company.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I guess it is a question of confidence, but I still don't understand what is the advantage of doing this change for the company. From their speech I understand I will reduce my legal liability and get back my RTT, but what is the interest for the employer? Anything apart from specific agreements that I should clarify before signing?