TKenney, Ph.D.
TKenney, Ph.D., French Attorney (Avocat à la Cour)
Experience:  Practicing law in France, 10+ years of experience on Paris Bar. Taught French Business Law in US
52682299

We are British citizens who have been living past 16 years.

Customer Question

We are British citizens who have been living for France for the past 16 years. Our two children have been educated in France to the Brevet level, then studied for the International Baccalaureat in Geneva, travelling each day from our house in France. Subsequently, our daughter spent the following 4 years studying for a BA degree at a university in the UK, followed by a one year Masters in London. Our son has just completed a 4 year BA programme at a university in Edinburgh. During this time their principal main residence was with us in France. Following the disastrous result of the Brexit referendum, can they apply for dual nationality with France? I would be most grateful for any guidance on this matter. Thank you. Kind regards, ***** *****
Category: French Law
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  EULawyer replied 9 months ago.

Dear Ms Muthu,

Thank you for your question. I see very hopeful signs for your children, but in order to present the right choice for you, please clarify the following things:

1. Were your children born in France?

2. How old is each of them? Did they start and pursue their education in France to the Brevet level without interruption, and then remained to live in France with you while being educated in Geneva, also without interruption?

3. Where were they exactly at the age of 18 (location and level of education)?

I look forward to your answers.

Cordially,

Dr I L Vlad