TKenney, Ph.D.
TKenney, Ph.D., French Attorney (Avocat à la Cour)
Experience:  Practicing law in France, 10+ years of experience on Paris Bar. Taught French Business Law in US
52682299

I would like to buy a property in France under construction

Customer Question

Hi
I would like to buy a property in France under construction (acheter dans le neuf) and register it in the name of my 3 yr old daughter. The property will be ready in 2017. I don't live or work in France. Is that possible?
I haven't appointed a notaire for this yet but I am close to reserving the property.
Thanks
Category: French Law
Expert:  T Perrin C replied 1 year ago.

This will be a gift to your daughter. Depending on how you organize this with the notaire, and on the price of the property, there may be gift tax to pay... One suggest you contact the notaire as early as possible with all details to organize this transaction efficiently, from a tax point of view.