T Perrin C
T Perrin C, Consultant: information en droit du travail
Experience:  8 years as a Senior judge at Paris Conseil de Prud'hommes (Paris Industrial Tribunal)

Hello Please can you advise me? I have signed a Bon De Commande

Please can you advise me? I have signed a Bon De Commande D'un Vehicle Neuf, on 17 September 2013, do I have 7 working days in which to cancel or renegotiate, or am I committed? I can order the same vehicle from another dealer for Euros 2 000 less? Can \I re negotiate the deal??
Did you walk into the car dealership by yourself?
You can avail yourself of the 7 day cancellation possibility only if you were invited to the dealership by internet or phone cold-calling.
If not, you are committed.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your reply.

I thought under European law you have a "cooling off " period on a contract of 7 days??

Yes I did walk into the dealership to have my car serviced.

This only applies to certain services and goods (real estate, loans,...) and certain type of sales (mail order, internet sales,...)

When you just walk into a car dealership, without being invited there either by mail, email or phone (in which case the mail order rule is extended by case law), you are committed once you sign the bon de commande.

You can learn more, in French on the following official website: