We will continue to wait - main answer needed is whether we potentially have a case to make and in what areas we could potentially claim damages for. Thanks.
There are in fact no provisions for delays in the agreement signed. However the completion of a gite should not take 2 years. Are there any indicative references from builders we could point to? Are there any other basis for compensation - eg loss of rental income from inability to let this summer?
Thank you for the useful info - can I also find out what the possibilities are to also claim for an overrun of budget - the initial quote (estimation) was 90,000, but the final cost was at around 120,000 with no substantive changes to original specs.
DISCLAIMER: Answers from Experts on JustAnswer are not substitutes for the advice of an attorney. JustAnswer is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Expert above is not your attorney, and the response above is not legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains.
The responses above are from individual Experts, not JustAnswer. The site and services are provided “as is”. To view the verified credential of an Expert, click on the “Verified” symbol in the Expert’s profile. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service (last updated February 8, 2012).