T Perrin C
T Perrin C, Consultant: information en droit du travail
Experience:  8 years as a Senior judge at Paris Conseil de Prud'hommes (Paris Industrial Tribunal)

my grandson aged 17 is coming to France for his aunts wedding

my grandson aged 17 is coming to France for his aunt's wedding with his girlfriend of 17. My son is driving them down with his partner. I have booked two double rooms for them at a local hotel with his parents knowledge and aquiescence as the youngsters have a long standing committed relationship. My daughter called me tonight to say that she has heard minors in France cannot share a double room as the age of consent to sexual activity is 18 in France. Is this correct please as under British law they could be married and intend to do so when they have enough money for a house.
The legal age for consented sexual activity in France is 15. From what you write above one cannot imagine where the problem would be from a legal point of view.