TKenney, Ph.D.
TKenney, Ph.D., French Attorney (Avocat à la Cour)
Experience:  Practicing law in France, 10+ years of experience on Paris Bar. Taught French Business Law in US
52682299

Can a neighbor without your permission build a garage and room

Customer Question

Can a neighbor without your permission build a garage and room onto your housewall without your permission? Thank you
Category: French Law
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 1 year ago.

I'm Wendy, and I’m a moderator for this Legal topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had found an answer or if you still needed assistance from one of our professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Tax, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,
Wendy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I Will wait until you find an answer. I have a house on ile d'Oleron and the neighbor in my absence built a double garage and attached a room which is built on my wall to my living room. Did they have the right to do this without getting my permission first. They waited until I had left for Norway where I live half the year.
Thank you
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,
Wendy
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,

We are still working with our Legal professionals to find you the best possible match. I wanted to touch base to see if you still needed a professional’s assistance.

Please let me know if you would like to continue to wait or if you would like to cancel your question at this time. We sincerely XXXXX XXXXX the extended wait time.

Thank you,
Wendy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Yes, of course, I will wait, but it is taking a long time.
I have a house which is built on a zero lot line. Meaning that my living room wall outside is my property line. The garage the neighbor built extends onto my wall and they added a room in the garage which is built and extends over half my living room wall. I was not notified about the building. Is this legal in France, to just build onto someone's wall and without an agreement or notification?
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 1 year ago.
Your question is open to all of our legal professionals and site researchers. I will mark your question high priority for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you that would be good.
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 1 year ago.
Your question has been open to all of our legal experts, but I'm sorry to say we have exhausted all our efforts at this time to find the right professional to assist you with your question.

While we were not able to assist you with this question, please keep in mind that JustAnswer has multiple categories, from Health, Pets, Computers, Taxes, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more, to assist you with any question you may need answered.

At this time, we can offer you two options. You can choose to either have us return your good faith deposit back to its original funding source OR you may keep your deposit in your JustAnswer account to use for a future question.

We hope you will consider us again in the future,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please return the deposit. I thought this would be a question that would be answered readily but I see that it is more complicated than that.
Thank you for trying and please do refund the deposit.
Regards, XXXXX XXXXX Wood