TKenney, Ph.D.
TKenney, Ph.D., French Attorney (Avocat à la Cour)
Experience:  Practicing law in France, 10+ years of experience on Paris Bar. Taught French Business Law in US

My husband and I are British but resident in France. We have

My husband and I are British but resident in France. We have about 30000euros in a joint account. We do not own any property in France. We live in a house that belongs to my four children. We do not own any valuable assets. Is it necessary for us to make French Wills? I am 74 and my husband (who is not well) is 72. I thank you in advance for your help. I can pay you by Visa credit card.
Category: French Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 10 months ago.
I'm Fran, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

What other information do you need?

We need no further information to search for a legal professional for you. We will do that for you. Please let me know if we can be of further assistance.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Thank you. A S A P please!

I have reached out to our French lawyers, none of whom are on line at this time. It is a weekend.

We cannot predict when a question will get a reply from a professional. That depends upon a number of factors such as the nature, complexity and subject area of the question and the areas of professional expertise and time constraints of the lawyers online.
Expert:  TKenney, Ph.D. replied 10 months ago.
Hello, In French law you do not need to make a will unless you do not want your money to go to your spouse and your children if you pass away before them. In French law, one can not disinherit one's children and therefore at least 35% will go to your children by law. By law you money will be divide between your husband and your children in proportions provided by the French law. If you do want to write out a will, in France it is very easy. It must be totally hand written. If it is typed, it will not be valid. Every word, letter and number must be hand written.
Experience: Practicing law in France, 10+ years of experience on Paris Bar. Taught French Business Law in US
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Thank you very much

I am glad I was able to answer you question. Please do not forget to rate me positively so that I may get credit for my work. Thank you and best regards.