TKenney, Ph.D.
TKenney, Ph.D., French Attorney (Avocat à la Cour)
Experience:  Practicing law in France, 10+ years of experience on Paris Bar. Taught French Business Law in US
52682299

Good EveningPlease could confirm or otherwise who pays

Customer Question

Good Evening

Please could confirm or otherwise who pays the all inclusive fees of the notaire in respect of the sale of a property in France.

Also, am I correct in saying that for the purchase of a property at a value of Euros 6000 ( six thousand euros ) the all inclusive fees of the notaire are Euros 249.84 plus TVA.

Many thanks

J Henderson
Category: French Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 3 years ago.
I'm Fran, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Surely you must know that I have not yet received an answer to my question. How long do I have to wait for a response.

What a stupid question to ask - do I want to continue waiting or would I like you to close the question. Of course I wish to continue waiting as I have paid Euros 46.

Regards

J Henderson

Expert:  Fran-mod replied 3 years ago.

Hello Patrick, When questions are not answered right away, sometimes customers find answers elsewhere and no longer wish to proceed. It happens regularly enough so that we ask the question so as not to waste your time, my time, and that of our lawyers.

We cannot predict when a question will get a reply from a professional. That depends upon a number of factors such as the nature, complexity and subject area of the question and the areas of professional expertise and time constraints of the lawyers online. We will search for a French law professional for you.

Expert:  TKenney, Ph.D. replied 3 years ago.
The price of property and the Notaire's fees are the responsibility of the buyer. However, condominium fees and property taxes are often shared by both parties.

Notaire's fees are between 8 % and 10% of the value of the property. Your estimation of 249 euros may be too low.

In the pre-sales agreement ("promesse de vente") that you may have signed, the Notaire will ask for an advance sum of money representing generally 5 to 10% of the price of the property. At the time of signature, the buyer must pay the balance of the price, plus the Notaire's fees.

Also, concerning the Notaire's fees, be aware that the amount paid on the day of the final signature is in fact an estimate. A few months after the acquisition, a detailed statement will be sent, together with the reimbursement of the difference between the amount already paid and the actual cost of Notaire's fees.