TKenney, Ph.D.
TKenney, Ph.D., French Attorney (Avocat à la Cour)
Experience:  Practicing law in France, 10+ years of experience on Paris Bar. Taught French Business Law in US

I have had a dispute with my neighbour in France and she took

I have had a dispute with my neighbour in France and she took me to court. The court sent out the summons to the wrong address so I did not receive it. I have now found out that my neighbour won the case and I have to pay her damages. As I did not receive the summons I was not in a position to attend and defend my self. What can I do now.
Category: French Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 7 months ago.
I'm Fran, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

I am prepared to wait but would have thought it was a pretty straightforward question

Expert:  Fran-mod replied 7 months ago.

Thank you. It may be that the fact that you posted your question during the weekend contributed to the delay.

We will continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.
Expert:  TKenney, Ph.D. replied 7 months ago.
Hello, if the summons was sent to the wrong address and you have the proof, the you will have to go to court to try to obtain the nullification of that court order under the grounds that it was not addressed to your home (that you do not live at the address that was indicated on the summons). If you have the right proof that it was sent to the wrong address then you should have no problem getting that court order canceled. Your neighbor will then have to summon you again for a trail at which you will be present.
Experience: Practicing law in France, 10+ years of experience on Paris Bar. Taught French Business Law in US