TKenney, Ph.D.
TKenney, Ph.D., French Attorney (Avocat à la Cour)
Experience:  Practicing law in France, 10+ years of experience on Paris Bar. Taught French Business Law in US
52682299

I am an American and have been living with my French boyfriend

Customer Question

I am an American and have been living with my French boyfriend (and his daughters) in France for the past three years. We plan to marry next year. My question is this: what if he pre deceases me? Would I have any rights financially? He has been responsible for our living expenses and most of my financial support. What would the difference be to me financially if he were to die before our marriage?
Category: French Law
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Wendy, and I’m a moderator for this Legal topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had found an answer or if you still needed assistance from one of our professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Tax, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,
Wendy
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Wendy. It has been a long time. Do let me know if you can withdraw my question, issue a refund and cancel my free trial. I don't want to be billed. Thanks!