T Perrin C
T Perrin C, Consultant: information en droit du travail
Experience:  8 years as a Senior judge at Paris Conseil de Prud'hommes (Paris Industrial Tribunal)

Hi, My wife is an alchoholic, causing mental abuse to myself

Customer Question

Hi, My wife is an alchoholic, causing mental abuse to myself and the children. She refuses to work or share any of the house work, She steals from our accounts and drinks rather than caring for our children. Most days I must prepare meals after work, Because she is drunk and has not fed the children. Please could you tell me the best option.
Category: French Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Fran, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.

Expert:  T Perrin C replied 3 years ago.
Regarding the bank accounts, you can separate your accounts from hers.
Regarding the rest, your only option seems to seek a separation then a divorce. If your children are abused or badly cared for, you can seek the help of social services.