TKenney, Ph.D.
TKenney, Ph.D., French Attorney (Avocat à la Cour)
Experience:  Practicing law in France, 10+ years of experience on Paris Bar. Taught French Business Law in US
52682299

We are four owners of a rental apartment in French St. Martin.

Customer Question

We are four owners of a rental apartment in French St. Martin. All but one live in the US.

We are thinking about selling the apartment, having owned it for about 10 years. We were told by a local that the tax on the sale of real estate in St. Martin is "very high" until the sellers have owned the property for at least 15 years. Is this information accurate?

What is the French law in this situation regarding taxes on the sale of property?
Category: French Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Fran, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am waiting for an answer from a professional. Can I expect to receive a response or are you suggesting that there will be no response to this question?

Expert:  Fran-mod replied 1 year ago.

This is a tax question and we have no French tax professionals at this time. Our French lawyers may have some idea and if one believes he can give you a satisfactory answer to your question, he will reply.

Thank you for your patience. We will continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,

We are still working with our Legal professionals to find you the best possible match. I wanted to touch base to see if you still needed a professional’s assistance.

Please let me know if you would like to continue to wait or if you would like to cancel your question at this time. We sincerely XXXXX XXXXX the extended wait time.

Thank you,
Wendy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your response; I will wait if you think there might be a professional out there who would have an answer. Please let me know, however, if finding a professional to answer this questions is not possible.

Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Thank you again for your patience, we will continue to look for a professional to assist you. It could just be a matter of the right professional not seeing your question yet. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,
Wendy
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry to say we have exhausted all our efforts at this time to find the right professional to assist you with your question.

While we were not able to assist you with this question, please keep in mind that JustAnswer has multiple categories, from Health, Pets, Computers, Taxes, Cars, Finance, to Home Improvement, and more, to assist you with any question you may need answered.

At this time, we can offer you two options. You can choose to either have us return your good faith deposit back to its original funding source OR you may keep your deposit in your JustAnswer account to use for a future question.

We hope you will consider us again in the future.

Thank you,
Wendy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you so much for trying to assist us with our question. I will most certainly consider contacting you for answers to any future questions. At this time, however, I would prefer return of the deposit. Thanks again!