TKenney, Ph.D.
TKenney, Ph.D., French Attorney (Avocat à la Cour)
Experience:  Practicing law in France, 10+ years of experience on Paris Bar. Taught French Business Law in US

Is the buyer of a vente viager responsible for: 1) taxes foncières

Customer Question

Is the buyer of a vente viager responsible for: 1) taxes foncières 2) expenses of the copropriété such as call for funds, gas, electricity and general repairs voted by the owners?
Category: French Law
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Wendy, and I’m a moderator for this Legal topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had found an answer or if you still needed assistance from one of our professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that Pearl has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Tax, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Obviously this is a scam. The vente viager is a well-documented transaction in France. I only used this site as a convenience on a weekend in August when my notaire is not available for a quick reply. After all these hours of waiting for an answer quite easily available to anyone knowledgeable I find that you have no valid response to my simple question. Lesson learned. Keep the 46 euro fleece. You guys are assholes and I will tell everybody I know about this scam.