T Perrin C
T Perrin C, Consultant: information en droit du travail
Experience:  8 years as a Senior judge at Paris Conseil de Prud'hommes (Paris Industrial Tribunal)
46873171

Couple married in England 2003 with two children aged 13 and

Couple married in England 2003 with two children aged 13 and nearly 15. Husband lives outside France and wife lives in France. Wife has quite valuable house in France given to her by husband before marriage in 2001. Wife has a business in France but it currently makes losses. Husband helps her to cover those losses. What financially would wife be entitled to on a divorce. Wife started an affair some months back. Children are at internat in France and husband pays fees.
I'm Fran, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

As I have not had a response, of course I still need a response. Please let me know roughly when I may expect to receive it.

Frank

It is not possible for us to predict when a question will get an answer. There are many different variables that are involved, such as the subject area of the question and its degree of difficulty and the areas of expertise and time constraints of the lawyers on line. So all I can say is that when a French lawyer believes that he can give you a satisfactory answer to your question, he will reply.

We will be looking for a French law professional for you.
Hello again,

We are still working with our Legal professionals to find you the best possible match. I wanted to touch base to see if you still needed a professional’s assistance.

Please let me know if you would like to continue to wait or if you would like to cancel your question at this time. We sincerely XXXXX XXXXX the extended wait time.

Thank you,
Wendy
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes please assume that I still need a response. Your website claims that answers are normally provided very quickly. Can you confirm that you have French lawyers on your panel of advisers who can provide an anaswer. Or is it the case that you don't have any?

Yes, we have lawyere in France who provide answers and most questions are answered ver;y quickly. However, we cannot predict how long it will take before a question gets an answer. That depends on many variables such as the nature and degree of difficulty of your question and the areas of expertise and time constraints of the lawyers on line.

Your question is presently available to all of our French and European lawyers, and I will mark it high priority for you.
It would have to be ruled by the judge based on what the wife requests.... She can ask a prestation compensatoire (some sort of alimony) which will enable her to maintain the same standard of living after the divorce as the one she was enjoying before the divorce.
A debate could be raised as to who would be considered at fault... If the matrimonial home is in France (last place the couple lived together with their children on a regular basis or official parental address of the under age children), one would have to examine whether the husband left the matrimonial home before the wife's affair began or afterward...
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Neither party is a French citizen. Husband was living outside France before affair started and has always been mainly resident outside France due to his work commitments. Husband has maintained a home outside France throughout the marriage. Wife and children became French resident in 2003. Husband is content to pay an allowance to wife and children that will allow them to maintain the same standard of living as previously (provided wife does not co-habit with the man she is having an affair with). Apart from the prestation compensatoire would the judge order any partition of assets? Grateful for your further advice. Regards

If here was no pre-nuptial agreements, all parties keep what was their own before the wedding. All assets acquired (except those inherited by spouse from his/her own family) after the wedding will be shared equally between both spouses as per French law.
Experience: 8 years as a Senior judge at Paris Conseil de Prud'hommes (Paris Industrial Tribunal)