TKenney, Ph.D.
TKenney, Ph.D., French Attorney (Avocat à la Cour)
Experience:  Practicing law in France, 10+ years of experience on Paris Bar. Taught French Business Law in US

I have a close friend who married a woman in indonesia under

Customer Question

I have a close friend who married a woman in indonesia under the regime of 'separation de biens' in 1978. He is separated from her. He has been living in the US but also maintains a residence in France. Now she wants to get divorced in the US, because she believes that US law does not enforce the regime of 'separation de biens'. Is it possible for him to ask for a divorce in France?
Category: French Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 3 years ago.
I'm Fran, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I still need assistance with this question.

Expert:  Fran-mod replied 3 years ago.
Thank you. I will search for a professional to assist.
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hello again,

We are still working with our Legal professionals to find you the best possible match. I wanted to touch base to see if you still needed a professional’s assistance.

Please let me know if you would like to continue to wait or if you would like to cancel your question at this time. We sincerely apologize for the extended wait time.

Thank you,