A.Valcke
A.Valcke, Solicitor
Experience:  Lawyer with Maîtrise en droit & Licence spéciale en droit européen.
47098609

My French ex husband has stopped paying his child support payments,

My French ex husband has stopped paying his child support payments, what can I do about this? - I am not living in France but we were married and divorced in France.

I am sorry to hear of this.

Please could you tell me if the child support payments were the subject of a court order or the Caisse d'Allocation Familiale?

I look forward to your response.

Kind regards

A. Valcke
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the child support payments were part of our divorce agreement - so Court ordered. There is a stipulated monthly amount to be paid by the 5th of each month.

Thank you for confirming the situation.

You have several options.

One way would be to lodge court proceedings before the French court to seek enforcement of the maintenance payments.

Another would be to solicit the assistance of the Caisse d'Allocations Familiales. In order to do so, I suggest you send an email to the [email protected] asking for help in obtaining payment of your maintenance from your children's father.

In your message you may want to write.

"Bonjour,

Je désire une aide pour le recouvrement d'une pension alimentaire par la caisse d'allocations familiales. Ainsi [INSERT NAME OF FATHER] (débiteur) ne verse plus la pension alimentaire due à mes enfants depuis le [DATE OF LAST PAYMENT]. Le tribunal de [PLACE OF COURT] a ordonné le paiement d'une pension alimentaire en date du [DATE OF COURT ORDER] à son encontre.

Je suis actuellement résidente avec mes enfants au Royaume Uni et je désire savoir à qui m'adresser afin de recevoir une aide pour le recouvrement d'une pension alimentaire par la caisse d'allocations familiales.

Je vous en remercie d'avance."

[Translation:

I would like to solicit the help of the caisse d'allocations familiales in obtaining payment of maintenance.

Since [DATE OF LAST PAYMENT],[INSERT NAME OF FATHER] has not paid any maintenance to my children. The court of [PLACE OF COURT] issued a court order against him for the payment of maintenance on [DATE OF COURT ORDER].

I am currently residing in the UK with my children and would like to know who I should contact to obtain the help of the caisse d'allocations familiales in obtaining payment of maintenance.

I thank you in advance."

You'll find out more on the French government website:
http://vosdroits.service-public.fr/particuliers/F1002.xhtml

I hope this answers your question.

Kind regards

A. Valcke