TKenney, Ph.D.
TKenney, Ph.D., French Attorney (Avocat à la Cour)
Experience:  Practicing law in France, 10+ years of experience on Paris Bar. Taught French Business Law in US
52682299

I have just received a series of 8 speeding fines over 6 years

Customer Question

I have just received notice of a series of 8 speeding fines accrued over 6 years that I was completely unaware of until I sold my car and the Carte gris was blocked until a portion of the fines was payed. They had been sending the fines to a wrong address.

I was driving on a British Licence at the time of the offences. I have since acquired a French Licence. Will unexpired points be applied to my French Licence even though I did not have it at the time of the offence?. I intend to appeal the late payment penalties as I was completely unaware of the fines through no fault of my own.

Please answer and advise

Category: French Law
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 1 year ago.

I'm Wendy, and I’m a moderator for this Legal topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had found an answer or if you still needed assistance from one of our professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Tax, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,
Wendy