T Perrin C
T Perrin C, Consultant: information en droit du travail
Experience:  8 years as a Senior judge at Paris Conseil de Prud'hommes (Paris Industrial Tribunal)

Hello. I hope this year and for at least the next 4 years

Hello. I hope this year and for at least the next 4 years to be non-UK resident. I intent to live permanently in France in a holiday home which I have owned for over 20 years. However before I move to France permanently I would like to give my two daughters( they both live in the UK ) a UK property, whilst I am non-UK tax resident and BEFORE becoming French tax resident. I am presently living in Germany. Would French taxation have an interest in this in the future? Gifts in the UK need 7 years to clear tax and have no limit. I understand that French gifts need 15 years to clear and are taxable above 150k euros. i would also like to know the position if the same gift was made whilst living and paying tax in France.
If you live in France and die there, your estate will be dealt with under French inheritance law, unless you write a will stipulating that you wish UK law to apply. (this will be possible beginning on August 17th, 2015)
Under French inheritance law the gifts would be re-entered into your estate if you die less than 15 years after they were done. And the new taxation threshold is 100 K€ and not 150K€, by beneficiary in a direct line (parents, children).