T Perrin C
T Perrin C, Consultant: information en droit du travail
Experience:  8 years as a Senior judge at Paris Conseil de Prud'hommes (Paris Industrial Tribunal)
46873171

I need your advise Please I am planning to take over a

I need your advise Please I am planning to take over a three year lease on a comercial property . After the three years when my lease expire , am I responsible to find a new tenant to take over the lease , and will I be responsible for the monthly payments until then . The good will of the property is expensive , will I also , at the end of my tenansy be able to claim that back from the owners , or do I have to wait to I find another tenant and sell them the new lease , before reclaiming the money ?. I appriciate your help in this matter Your sincerely XXXXX XXXXX

The goodwill "fonds de commerce" will have to be resold by yourself to the next tenant, not reclaimed from the owners of the real-estate. Its value will depend on how your business does during the 3 years. It dismisses greatly if the premises remain vacant for too long...