T Perrin C
T Perrin C, Consultant: information en droit du travail
Experience:  8 years as a Senior judge at Paris Conseil de Prud'hommes (Paris Industrial Tribunal)
46873171

Does a person have any rights in the french legal system if

Does a person have any rights in the french legal system if a decision/judgement takes an reasonable time to render decisions (several years - at already the highest level cour de cassation)? Is there a statutory time limit and can the the procedure and performance of the judiciary system be questioned by an individual? Whom is the body or state official where such concerns can be referred? European court of human rights?
Hi, I am a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Wendy
Yes an individual may claim damages from the State if the justice system is unduly long in rendering a decision. And it happens quite regularly.
However there is no set length criteria and each claim is assessed on its merits (it is considered that some case justifiably take years - if lawyers of either party keep on requesting new elements for example, while some should be handled in a matter of months).
The claim for damages should be taken to the local administrative court in the first instance.
Experience: 8 years as a Senior judge at Paris Conseil de Prud'hommes (Paris Industrial Tribunal)