T Perrin C
T Perrin C, Consultant: information en droit du travail
Experience:  8 years as a Senior judge at Paris Conseil de Prud'hommes (Paris Industrial Tribunal)

The building owner of the property I rented in the Dordogne

The building owner of the property I rented in the Dordogne under a commercial lease refused to have the power and water restored before the lease was signed claiming that it was normal procedure. Once the power and water were restored I found that there were major faults with both. Also the roof leaks. What can I do?
It is indeed a normal procedure not to have power and water restored before a tenant comes in. Yet the landlord must have all repaired to normal standards at his own cost. You need send him a letter requesting him to have all repairs done promptly. If he does not comply or does not answer, you will have to take the matter to court.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Many thanks, XXXXX XXXXX rated your reply excellent. The buildings owner failed to mention the leaking roof or faulty electrics and plumbing before the lease was signed but he must have been aware. I would not have signed the lease if I had known. I am now in dispute with them. What do you suggest?