TKenney, Ph.D.
TKenney, Ph.D., French Attorney (Avocat à la Cour)
Experience:  Practicing law in France, 10+ years of experience on Paris Bar. Taught French Business Law in US
52682299

Hello. I was arrested for a driving offence over 7 years

Hello. I was arrested for a driving offence over 7 years ago in France. I was asked to appear in court in september 2007 and fore unseen reasons it was imposible for me to pysicaly turn up. I had no information to write nor contact them as split up with my girlfriend who did not pass any paperwork of the date and address for me to contact them. I am now able to travel to Fance to appear at court, but have no way of contacting them to find out when they want me to appear. Can you give me the address of the Court house in Saints nr Bussac on the Charente river please. Also if you have any advise? I will write to them and state my case. This was over 7 years ago and I know it is rediculouse. But this is just the state of mess that my life has been in. Thankyou. Mr P XXXXX

Category: French Law
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Wendy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I obviously want to know what I can do to contact them. I did ask for the address of the Court House in Saintes France? I am happy to write to them as I intend to do, but need ther address to write to as I asked in the question.
Can you give me the address? as I have serched on line and getting no where.

Thanks

Expert:  Fran-mod replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.
Expert:  TKenney, Ph.D. replied 1 year ago.

The court you are trying to find could be one of many courts depending on the seriousness of your crime. If it was a simple traffic violation, you may need to contact the Tribunal de Police de Saintes. If it was a little more serious then you need to contact Tribunal Correctionnel de Sainte which is a part of the Tribunal de grande instance de Saintes. If you call the Tribunal de Grande Instance they should give you all the addresses and phone numbers you will need. If your violation was even more serious, then you will need to contact the Cour d’assises de Sainte.

You should probably see if a court order was rendered against you in your absence. For that you will need to contact the Bureau de Jugements Pénaux of the Tribuanl de Grande instance.

Address:

Tribunal de grande instance de Saintes

Square Maréchal Foch
CS 80324
17108 SAINTES CEDEX

Téléphone :+33 5 46 92 72 27

Fax : +33 5 46 74 15 00

If there is a court order then you should be able to obtain a copy.

If you write them, you must address your letter to

Tribunal Correctionnel de Saintes

Tribunal de grande instance de Saintes

Square Maréchal Foch
CS 80324
17108 SAINTES CEDEX

If you call them first, you want to ask for the Tribunal Correctionnel de Saintes http://www.justanswer.com/french-law/7qjn4-hello-arrested-driving-offence-years.html(Charente-Maritime). The operator should direct you to the right office (after a few attemps).

Experience: Practicing law in France, 10+ years of experience on Paris Bar. Taught French Business Law in US