TKenney, Ph.D.
TKenney, Ph.D., French Attorney (Avocat à la Cour)
Experience:  Practicing law in France, 10+ years of experience on Paris Bar. Taught French Business Law in US

I already asked about my husband denying me access to the matrimonial home without authrit

Customer Question

I already asked about my husband denying me access to the matrimonial home without authrity? What am I to do when I return to France to collect my things?
Category: French Law
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I am a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am ok with it
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.
Expert:  TKenney, Ph.D. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, You have the right to enter the matrimonial home only if there is no court order recognizing the separation. You must go to the nearest police station or Gendarmerie. If there is a court order (ordonnance de non conciliation) granting the house to your husband during your divorce proceedings then there is nothing you can do without the permission of the court.