Customer Question

A French company called "VGT" ("vraiment gentil transport" in French meaning "very kind transport") is a new company based in Marseille in the South of France. The railroad transport in France is known for the TGV ("Train à grande vitesse", meaning very fast train). With the new movement arising in the south of France against the fastest way of life (fast train, fast food, fast internet, etc...), in favor of more pleasure and less efficiency, this new company has decided to develop a new system of transportation, with very slow buses, very slow taxis, a call center and a website centralizing all the booking requests. In order to identify the services offered with VGT, and for marketing purposes, one new employee of the marketing unit came up with idea to use a logo representing a snail. More than this, he noticed that in reversing the TGV logo (registered at the INPI, French National Institute for Intellectual Property, by the National French Railroad company "SNCF"), the image would represent a perfect snail. The members of the Marketing Unit are hesitant whether it is a good idea to ask for the registration of this logo as a symbol of the services provided by the VGT company. Image The official logo of the TGV [top picture] (marque déposée), the proposed logo for VGT [middle picture], and a snail [bottom picture)] as a graphic indication. Is the logo an infringement of copyright? A distinctiveness test will be conducted by the INPI. Please explain the international legal framework available for registration of trademarks and how it works.

Category: French Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

please cancel it> thank you