T Perrin C
T Perrin C, Consultant: information en droit du travail
Experience:  8 years as a Senior judge at Paris Conseil de Prud'hommes (Paris Industrial Tribunal)
46873171

I own property in france ..I would like to put my sons names

I own property in france ..I would like to put my sons names on the deed so that in the event of my death they would still be owners..we are all american citizens...Can you please tell me how to go about this
Thank You,
Judith Starbuck
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I realize it is the weekend.

Please continue .

Thank you for your patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.

Regards,
Wendy
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on a professional with the right professionalise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!

To put your son's names on the deeds you need to contact a notaire.

This will be deemed a donation and gift tax will be payable if the value of each son's share is worth more than 100K€.

In any case deed modification fees and land registry recording tax will amount between 3 and 4% of the value of the house depending on the specifics of the case. Of course you can do this only if you do not disadvantage any other heir.

Experience: 8 years as a Senior judge at Paris Conseil de Prud'hommes (Paris Industrial Tribunal)