TKenney, Ph.D.
TKenney, Ph.D., French Attorney (Avocat à la Cour)
Experience:  Practicing law in France, 10+ years of experience on Paris Bar. Taught French Business Law in US

Customer Question

Hello, We hold French residence cards (10 years)...lived in France full-time 5 years (as retirees), last few years less than 183 days per year in France as we started working again in the US ...(rented home in US in order to work full-time). Our intent has always been to return to France full-time...and we do not want to give up our residence cards....however, does our house in France now become a secondary home? We received a form asking us if it is our primary or secondary home? We have always paid state and federal taxes in US ...never paid in France (and recommended by French accountant) (under double treaty) (always paid only tax d'habitation and fonciere) ...and have never had any income generated from France or worked in France. Can our home in France remain our primary residence even though we are now renting in CA ...since we will return fulltime to France in a few years or as soon as possible ?

Category: French Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK to cancel. Thank you.