TKenney, Ph.D.
TKenney, Ph.D., French Attorney (Avocat à la Cour)
Experience:  Practicing law in France, 10+ years of experience on Paris Bar. Taught French Business Law in US
52682299

What are Frances advertising restrictions placed on Gambling

Customer Question

What are France's advertising restrictions placed on Gambling operators not licensed by ARJEL, and if there are restrictions concerning Television advertising can these be circumvented using the same model European Bookmakers operators use to advertise into Sweden whereby they use Television operators whose signal originates in the UK, and then is beamed into Sweden?
Category: French Law
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I am a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Wendy
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Wendy,

I am happy to wait for someone to respond to my question.

Regards,

Daniel.

Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your patience, Daniel. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.

Regards,
Wendy
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Professional with the right expertise to come online. Please let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a Professional or if you would like us to close your question.

We appreciate your understanding!
Wendy
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Wendy,

I can continue to wait.

Regards,

Daniel.

Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for your continued patience while we continue our search.

Regards,
Wendy

Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Please understand that it’s rare when we cannot find the right Professional. Nevertheless, because you are entitled to your money back with no questions asked, we will process your refund immediately, upon your request. Please accept our sincere apology. We hope you’ll think of us again when the need arises.

Regards,
Wendy
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Was there a reason given for why no-one was willing to answer the question, or is there a small number of French law experts on this website?

Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hi Daniel,

We don't have a lot of French law experts but we do have a few. There are a number of reasons why an expert might not answer a question but I would suspect that they don't feel they know enough about the gambling or advertising laws to be able to give you a good answer. I hope we can help you with any future questions you may have.

Regards,
Wendy