TKenney, Ph.D.
TKenney, Ph.D., French Attorney (Avocat à la Cour)
Experience:  Practicing law in France, 10+ years of experience on Paris Bar. Taught French Business Law in US
52682299

NA-611

Customer Question

I am an American (born in the US) who is qualified for French citizenship by filiation. I have a second cousin in France who has volunteered to some of the footwork in helping me assemble all the necessary documents: actes de marriages, de naissance, etc. Is she allowed to go to a Mairie and obtain them on my behalf? I so, does she need an official letter and what would that be. One notarized in the US by a French consulate, or an ordinary local notary public. Or is is possible at all and do I have to write directly to the mairie. If I do, is a simple registered letter sufficient?
Merci d'avance.
Michel Anderson
Category: French Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Please cancel this question. I already got a reply from another source. If I have further questions I will ley you know.
Thanks