TKenney, Ph.D.
TKenney, Ph.D., French Attorney (Avocat à la Cour)
Experience:  Practicing law in France, 10+ years of experience on Paris Bar. Taught French Business Law in US
52682299

My sisters and I have been informed by Coutot Roehrig that

Customer Question

My sisters and I have been informed by Coutot Roehrig that we are entitled to shares in the estate of a cousin to the 5th degree who passed away in France (we live in the U.S.). Coutot Roehrig wants us to sign a Procuration /Power of Attorney. Our concern is that while Coutot Roehrig is a reputable firm, their main concern will be to wrap this up quickly which may or may not be to our best interest. We are also interested in the personal property of our distant cousin (small items that represent an, until now, unknown branch of our family) which, if they exist, we might like to keep in the family. What are our options to retain family momentos and what should we expect in terms of inheritance taxes and/or other taxes and charges, and what is our liability for any outstanding debts?
Category: French Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'll wait a little longer.

Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.

Regards,
Wendy
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Professional with the right expertise to come online. Please let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a Professional or if you would like us to close your question.

We appreciate your understanding!
Wendy