T Perrin C
T Perrin C, Consultant: information en droit du travail
Experience:  8 years as a Senior judge at Paris Conseil de Prud'hommes (Paris Industrial Tribunal)
46873171

My french wife and I divorced amicably years ago. I gave her

Customer Question

My french wife and I divorced amicably years ago. I gave her everything--house (500,000 euro value) in dordogne, car etc. Yet she owes her lawyer 22,000 Euros in legal fees. She tells me the lawyer has a lien on the house and can force a sale on the house to pay for the 22,000 legal fee... In the US, creditors can't force a sale -- do you have any advice.
Category: French Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.
Expert:  T Perrin C replied 4 years ago.
Creditors, if they have proper documentation, can go after your assets of any kind. They cannot force the sale of any specific asset unless they have a lien against it but, in fine, the sale of all assets may be ordered by a court if creditors sue for payment of outstanding overdue debt.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i need the name of a good debtor's attorney in perigueux; my ex-wife relied on a credit agency to propose payments but never hear back from the lawyer suing her. she may have missed crucial deadlines. i will pay the entire debt for her immediately, but no one is responding to this offer. it seems unethical what is happening.