T Perrin C
T Perrin C, Consultant: information en droit du travail
Experience:  8 years as a Senior judge at Paris Conseil de Prud'hommes (Paris Industrial Tribunal)

We have agreed to sell our house in France but have not yet

Customer Question

We have agreed to sell our house in France but have not yet signed any papers.The Notaire has said there is no need to sign a compromis de vente but that we can go ahead and sign the final acte de vente.However we have now changed our mind.Where does this leave us legally ?
Category: French Law
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I am a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Expert:  T Perrin C replied 3 years ago.

If you have agreed verbally or in writing to the sale, or received an offer at the advertised price, you are legally committed to selling. Now if all was done verbally, the buyer may have trouble proving that you agreed to the sale... If he can though, he can sue you for damages and/or have the sale ordered by a court.