T Perrin C
T Perrin C, Consultant: information en droit du travail
Experience:  8 years as a Senior judge at Paris Conseil de Prud'hommes (Paris Industrial Tribunal)

I have been going through a divorce in france ,total 5 yrs,

Customer Question

I have been going through a divorce in france ,total 5 yrs, .two yrs ago myself my x wife avocats ,had meating with notaire, he said the property was to be valued, I sent him the money for this ,but just after was told because my ex did not now want a valuation,my avocat said it was to go to a tribunial ,this was18 months ago,at the last meating my avocat made me sighn a document giving her 10 pc of any moneys i recieve,this is probably 30,000 eur although I am receiving total juditional another meeting with avocat he sai this was against the questions are how long does it take for a case to come to tribunial,am i allowed to change avocat receiving total aid ,i was married in gland in 1973
been in france 14yrs,paying taxes ,running a joint business , I have received nothing from business for 5 yrs,and living on aid,is therea boy who regulate avocats an notaires
Category: French Law
Expert:  T Perrin C replied 3 years ago.
1) The length a case takes to come to court varies a lot from one court to the other, and on how fast the lawyers for all concerned parties work.
2) You can choose you lawyer even if you are on full legal aid. You need to contact the legal aid office regarding this matter.
3) The body regulating avocats are the Conseil de l'ordre du bareau and the batonnier who heads it. The body regulating notaires is the chambre de discipline du Conseil régional des Notaires.
Could you please explain why you are dissatisfied with my answer as I believe I answered the three sub-questions in your message?
T Chattard