TKenney, Ph.D.
TKenney, Ph.D., French Attorney (Avocat à la Cour)
Experience:  Practicing law in France, 10+ years of experience on Paris Bar. Taught French Business Law in US

Customer Question

Would an American citizen be permitted to seek 'constitutional asylum' as provided by the French Constitution? The United States is not listed as a "safe country"---under which an asylum seeker would likely be disqualified if a citizen of that country. Never-the-less, America is considered to be safe, despite DSK recent experience, and that of other men. this is not an academic question, despite its academic nature. merci bien.
Category: French Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Oui, ca va si vous auriez encore du temp. I'm glad to wait for the best qualified and thorough answer. RC
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Professional with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a Professional or if you would like us to close your question.

We appreciate your understanding!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

A good French lawyer who specializes in being an advocate for those seeking asylum would be perhaps best, XXXXX XXXXX retired judge or jurist, or constitutional law professor would be just as knowledgeable---or well versed enough in law to know if there is precedent---by my research, only one individual has ever successful sought constitutional asylum with success, if only because political asylum is what is usually more applicable. In my case, it would not be. merci XXXXX XXXXX que vous auriez la chance! rcw

Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Thank you again for your patience while we continue to search for a Professional to help you.

Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Please understand that it’s rare when we cannot find the right Professional . Nevertheless, because you are entitled to your money back with no questions asked, we will process your refund immediately, upon your request. Please accept our sincere apology. We hope you’ll think of us again when the need arises.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes, too bad---thanks for the attempt! Please do process the refund by crediting same account as charged. R C.