T Perrin C
T Perrin C, Consultant: information en droit du travail
Experience:  8 years as a Senior judge at Paris Conseil de Prud'hommes (Paris Industrial Tribunal)
46873171

can the french government tax a british person living in the

can the french government tax a british person living in the Uk and paying UK tax?
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am OK to wait so long as you find someone competent to deal with this

Elizabeth XXXXXXXXXXX

Hello Elizabeth,

Thank you for your patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.
1. As a matter of principle a British person living in the UK paying UK tax is still liable to pay French taxes if there is a lawful basis for it. For example if there is any French source income or if the UK person inherits something in France. Just because you reside in the UK AND PAY UK tax does not exclude you from paying French tax. For example, all UK residents with a house in France still pay French property taxes. If you want to be more specific, then I will help you further.
Please RATE the Answer positively so that I may get paid
Yes, it can if you have income of any kind coming from France (rents, salaries, royalties, inheritance,...) In most cases tax payable to the French government is deductible form tax due on same income in the UK thanks to a bilateral tax treaty.
Experience: 8 years as a Senior judge at Paris Conseil de Prud'hommes (Paris Industrial Tribunal)