TKenney, Ph.D.
TKenney, Ph.D., French Attorney (Avocat à la Cour)
Experience:  Practicing law in France, 10+ years of experience on Paris Bar. Taught French Business Law in US

Customer Question

I have signed a compromis de vente pour a bien en france. I saw a crack in the exterior wall and was told by the immoblier that it was just the creppie. I signed the compromis but after that i brought a macon in to look at the problem. He discovered that the crack was also in the interior walls of the house. It was covered by wall paper..we pulled the paper back and found a crack in which my hand will fit! The crack on the exteroir wall is now MUCH BIGGER.... I am due to sign the acte authentique next week. The macon told me that the house was flooded during last winter, by a frozen pipe, water poured through the house for 2_3 days, there is no mention of this in the compromis. He thinks the house is subsiding due to errosion of the foundation...because of the flooding. Do I have a case for vices caches?
Category: French Law
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Hi, I am a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello. You can cancel the question as i need the information quickly.

Thanks. Hazel