T Perrin C
T Perrin C, Consultant: information en droit du travail
Experience:  8 years as a Senior judge at Paris Conseil de Prud'hommes (Paris Industrial Tribunal)
46873171

My wife and I live in the UK and we have been receiving over

My wife and I live in the UK and we have been receiving over the last two months malicious, threatening, foul language, racial, libellous, e-mails which have been copied to third parties from an Irish Person who lives in Paris resulting in me having to close down my Yahoo e-mail account and block all other e-mail platforms - my wife however receives unpleasant test messages all pointed at me via her this is causing sever stress - can you please guide me on French law - in the UK we have the Malicious communications act - What relationship is there between the UK and France in this respect - is it the UK Police or a UK Lawyer specialising this type of crime the best way to go - await your guidance

Hi, I am a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!

Wendy
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I dont mind waiting as long as I get the right guidance

Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.
In this matter, if the perpetrator is located in France and if your, you will have to take the matter to the French Police. Taking it to the British police is theoretically an option, but these matters rank very lowly in international police and justice cooperation and it would take months, if not years before anything is done. Laws differing widely in the UK and in France on these matters will furthermore make any incrimination of the perpetrator unlikely, unless the message is contains direct threats against someone's life.
Experience: 8 years as a Senior judge at Paris Conseil de Prud'hommes (Paris Industrial Tribunal)