Loren, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney/Hearing Officer
17897874

I met someone on a dating site, and somehow the person keeps

Customer Question

I met someone on a dating site, and somehow the person keeps asking me for money for this and that. said it was just a loan, but gets upset when ask for my money back. I feel like an idiot that I was taken for like 6,000 dollars, and made me order some stuff on amazon. what is best thing to do to move forward.
JA: The Fraud Examiner will know what to do. Is there anything else the Fraud Examiner should be aware of?
Customer: the person said she was working in quebec and made me send stuff from amazon to denis dion. and money through money gram.
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Loren replied 12 days ago.

I am Loren, a licensed attorney and former prosecutor, and my goal is to answer your question and provide you excellent service

Expert:  Loren replied 12 days ago.

You can reprot them to the Canadian Anti Fraud Centre at the following link:

http://www.antifraudcentre-centreantifraude.ca/reportincident-signalerincident/index-eng.htm

Expert:  Loren replied 12 days ago.

If the person is in Canada then they will investigate and take appropriate action. If they are not in Canada then it is unlikely they will ever be caught, as they are operating out of an internet cafe somewhere in Africa or Russia.

Expert:  Loren replied 12 days ago.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?