Zoey_JD
Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

Is Lottopoint lotteries on line a scam? They are situated in

Customer Question

Is Lottopoint lotteries on line a scam?
JA: Oh, dear. I'm sure the Fraud Examiner can help you. Please tell me everything you can so the Fraud Examiner can help you best.
Customer: They are situated in Toronto Canada from what they tell me, their number that pops up on my phone is 1(437)8860644 and they sell syndicate US and European shares in lotteries ie Powerball.
JA: Is there anything else the Fraud Examiner should be aware of?
Customer: Every time I try to call the number I can't anyone to talk too I just wanted to know if they were legit
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 13 days ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Please be patient while I research and compose a reply for you.

Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 13 days ago.

Do you have a website for this company?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
www.lottopoint.com
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 12 days ago.

Here's the problem.

Because of conflicting laws, there can't ever be such a thing as an international lottery. Each country has its own rules and regulations as to who can buy a lottery ticket, where, and under what circumstances. US lottery tickets, for example, cannot be sold online. They must be purchased in person from a designated lottery agent at a location licensed by the government to sell such tickets.

I don't know the lottery rules and regulations for every country in the world that runs lotteries. But a site like lottopoint can only pay out if it complies with the rules and regulations of the country that is running the lottery.

Lottopoint is a popular site that has been around for a long time. It was created in 1999 and is presently registered through 2024. It's IP address traces to the US where such a site would be illegal. And the site owner is a company called Global Gaming Leader NV, who is managing this website from Bulgaria.

Bulgaria is a high risk country, and the address of the registrant is virtual rather than actual. If you hit the lottery and Lottopoint doesn't pay you, you're not going to be able to find them.

While I can't say you're being scammed, I can say that the site is not compliant with US law and that makes it likely it's not in compliance with other country's lottery law either. That means you should proceed with caution, because you may be throwing away your money.

Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 12 days ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.