Zoey_JD
Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

Trying to find out if home job source is scam, we are

Customer Question

trying to find out if home job source is scam
JA: Oh, dear. I'm sure the Fraud Examiner can help you. Please tell me everything you can so the Fraud Examiner can help you best.
Customer: we are looking for job we can do on computer home job source sounds good for us they hook you up on web site and you buy and sell items they want 10,700 up front they say coaches will help with your business for 6 months and you will make small amount each month and it money will most likely increase as you grow your business,want to know if they are real or is it a scam
JA: Is there anything else the Fraud Examiner should be aware of?
Customer: I do not know
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 12 days ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now.

Whose items are you buying and selling? Do you have a website for this company?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
we do not know at this time about things we will be buying and selling we want know if home job source is real or scam
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 12 days ago.

Thank you. Please give me a few minutes to type an answer.

Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 12 days ago.

If you are talking about Home Job Source in Utah, this company is well known to the Better Business Bureau. On their rating scale from A to F, the BBB has rated this company with an F, its lowest rating. An F rating from the Better Business Bureau is reason enough in and of itself to want to avoid a company.

The BBB has downrated them for their failure to be transparent about what its customers would be buying and selling, along with the fact that they do not respond to consumer complaints. You can see the review, read the complaint histories and the warning about this company here.

The work at home industry is notoriously dishonest. The Federal Trade Commission, which is trying to close as many of these sites down as they can get to, recommends looking for a job that pays you. The ones you have to pay for, all too often won't even earn you enough to cover the cost of the program. The real brains behind Home Job Source makes out very, very well because you and others like you pay him a great deal of money -- only a small amount to start, but then they will try to make you buy upsell after upsell, in order to get the products and learn how to market them -- but each upsell you purchase will make you no more successful than you were before. You will wind up spending a fortune and being financially obligated to several different companies, none of which will make you a success.

Most of the work at home businesses are notable only for their aggressive marketing techniques and overstated claims. The Federal Trade Commission, this country's chief consumer regulatory agency, has done a lot of work in this area going after work at home companies that prey on the elderly, the disabled, and the unemployed by offering expensive do-nothing programs that enrich only the company and defraud the consumer. They offer advice on how to evaluate a program or an online job that you see.

www.consumer.ftc.gov/blog/work-home-job-going-pay

Why would you want to invest $10,000 without even knowing what you would be selling and if you have the ability and aptitude to sell that product?

Avoid!

Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 11 days ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.