Zoey_JD
Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

Is Platimum Holiday a scam, I just had a phone call from

Customer Question

Is Platimum Holiday a scam
JA: Oh, dear. I'm sure the Fraud Examiner can help you. Please tell me everything you can so the Fraud Examiner can help you best.
Customer: I just had a phone call from them saying that i had $2000.oo holiday and $600.00 in cash can you help me i have to pay $49.oo up front and thats all
JA: Is there anything else the Fraud Examiner should be aware of?
Customer: no i think thats it
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 17 days ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Please be patient while I research and compose a reply for you.

Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 17 days ago.

Anything too good to be true is going to be a scam. Nobody is going to give you a $2,000 vacation and $600 in cash without strings attached. The $49 up front fee is just for the scammers to be able to find out if they have a live fish on their hook.

Either there will be another fee for much more money on some pretense or another and you'll end up paying for a vacation that doesn't exist, or the whole purpose of the so-called vacation is to make you buy a time share package which will cost you more than what you've saved from this "free trip."

These scams are very popular and for some reason tend to favor Australian victims. Scamwatch.gov.au warns of these scams here:

https://www.scamwatch.gov.au/news/don%E2%80%99t-book-a-scammer%E2%80%99s-holiday

If you have a website for the travel company, I can see what I can find, but this conforms perfectly to the scam pattern, and I'm confident that you should avoid it.

Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 15 days ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.