Zoey_JD
Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

From PCH received a letter from PCH telling me that I won $1

Customer Question

from PCH received a letter from PCH telling me that I won $1 Million dollars but I have to call and speak to David James 1-347=298-5570 and give him my bank info to transfer money. They also said that I should keep it confidential until the claim is processed because of highly sensitive bank info. FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD YES YES YES. AM I RIGHT?
JA: The Fraud Examiner will know what to do. Is there anything else the Fraud Examiner should be aware of?
Customer: MY NAME IS ***** ***** i DID NOT SEND HIM ANY INFORMATION. i AM 87 BUT NOT STUPID
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 27 days ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Please be patient while I compose a reply for you.

Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 27 days ago.

Yes, indeed! You know a fraud when you see one!!

Publisher's Clearing House will be the first to tell you that if you're told that you have to send money to get your winnings, you haven't won one of their contests.

http://info.pch.com/consumer-information/tips-a-warning-signs

They also will tell you that PCH doesn't inform its winners by phone or by mail. If you win one of their sweepstakes, they send out their Prize Patrol which comes to your home and surprises you and hands you your check in person. And they never, ever ask for money.

I'm glad to hear you didn't give them your bank account information or that you didn't send them any money. All the same, report the fraud online to the FBI at their Internet Crime Complaint Center at IC3.gov and online to the Federal Trade Commission at FTC.gov in order to help stop these people. The more people who report scams, the better the chance that the scammers can be found.

Best wishes for a happy new year!

Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 26 days ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.