Zoey_JD
Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

I got scammed by a women in ghana thatgoes by the name

Customer Question

i got scammed by a women in ghana thatgoes by the name Safiatu Abduai for a couple thousand $ i want to make it does not happen anyone else
JA: Oh, dear. I'm sure the Fraud Examiner can help you. Please tell me everything you can so the Fraud Examiner can help you best.
Customer: she told she loved me i said talk for a while because i dont believe in tellling you love them and then we for months and she come over and live with me but she needed money for airline ticket and they have this thing called a declaration that she said the minimum is 4000 to get a declaration of ghana to pass through now i am disabled and that was money i could not afford to lose
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Fraud Examiner should know?
Customer: she goes by the name safiatu abdulia and her email is***@******.*** and acomplas is janet remmi
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 1 month ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Please be patient while I research and compose a reply for you.

Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 1 month ago.

The best way to make sure this doesn't happen to anyone else is to report her.

First of all report the scam to your police. Then report her online to the FBI. They have a site called the Internet Crime Complaint Center which is specifically for internet related fraud matters. There the FBI is partnered with Interpol, which will give your information to law enforcement authorities all over the world. Ghana tends to look the other way on romance frauds, but with pressure they may be willing to investigate.

From there, there's a lot you can do to warn others. First of all contact the site where you found her and report her as a fraud. If you met her on Facebook, report her so that they close her profile. Warn her Facebook friends.

Run the photos she gave you on Google Search by Image. If that turns up a lot of scam warnings about her, post on those sites and add your voice to the rest of the people so that future victims will know that she is still actively scamming.

Post your story on your own Facebook account and on other social networking sites that you may belong to. If you'd rather be anonymous and not tell your story on Facebook, post her photo and disclose this fraud on sites like Romancescam.com, Scamwarners.com, Scamdex.com, pigbusters.net and any others in that vein that you can find. Yahoo has a group scam victims that gets pretty wide exposure. You have to join it but once you do, you can post there as well.

Sometimes on sites such as the above you can find yourself networking and exchanging details with others who were scammed by the same person, which will give you more information to give to the authorities to help them find her.

Good luck!

Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 1 month ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.