Zoey_JD
Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

I received a $1228 on my charge card from Mac Mall, is this

Customer Question

I received a $1228 on my charge card from Mac Mall , is this a fraud ?
JA: The Fraud Examiner will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Fraud Examiner can help you best.
Customer: I have a bank America card and the 1228.00 is pending. Called card company and said to wait till it goes through.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Fraud Examiner should know?
Customer: No
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 13 days ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now.

Do you know who made this purchase? Have you reported it to the police?

Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 13 days ago.

First of all, if this was an unauthorized charge, you must go to the police and fill out a police report. Bank of America is going to want to prosecute if they pay you back and will want to know that you would cooperate in that, if the person can be found. They will want a copy of the report.

As soon the charge goes through, like they told you at the bank, you should contact their fraud division and let them know about this, tell them that you have made a police report and tell them that you are disputing the charges. They will investigate and if they agree that you did not authorize the purchase, they will reimburse you.

Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 12 days ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.