Nick-FraudExaminer
Nick-FraudExaminer, Fraud/Investigations/Financial Analysis
Experience:  Fraud Investigations
93685840

Is the worse and assoc: debt solution cpany I Texas a scam

Is the worse and assoc: debt solution cpany I Texas a scam or not?
JA: I think they do a wonderful job. All Experts must pass our rigorous 8 Step Expert Quality Process. This ensures that you get the most knowledgeable, trustworthy help anywhere on the Internet. You can learn more about it here: http://ww2.justanswer.com/expert-quality-process
Customer: I talked to rep: after I had paid over $ 400 and he said they could not pay my loans off until they had been turned over to a collector; I was told they would get a settlement of around 50 per cent' I would have to pay until that happened: Is this how they operate?
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: I found some info on the internet where some other clients said do not deal with them since they had been taken for a good some of money and no solution to they debts: That info got me concerned:
JA: Oh, dear. I'm sure the Fraud Examiner can help you. Is there anything else the Fraud Examiner should be aware of?
Customer: Me and my sister have the combined debts of about $ 15999 on 13 credit cards and our settlement would be less than $ 7500:My sister is the primary and I am the secondary holder:Sis isc73 and I am 76 and retired on soc:sec: She has worked a the same job for 37 years and is still working:She asked me to help her get out of debt since she wants to retire in the next couple of years: Any help is greatly appreciated:

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am the fraud expert assisting you today.

Can you please give me the name, address and website of the debt solution company you are referring to in Texas?

That way I can tell you if they are a legitimate company or not. Thanks

Hello again, can you please give me the website of the debt solution company so that I can conduct some research on them?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Nick this is Hurley Lawrence.The first company I talked to was UnitedMember at 321 North CentralExpressway Suite 341 McKinney Texas 75070. www.unitedmemberplans.com Ph#(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
When I got my checking account statement I was charged by Worden and Associates. 15455 NorthbDallas Parkway, Suite 600 Addison,Tx 75001 www.wordenaa.com/portal Client ID(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
There Ph# *****(###) ###-#### Thanks,Hurley ps If you need anything please email me.I read on the internet about some other of their clients telling people that this co.is a scam.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I have paid them over $ 400 and I need to know what they plan to do with my money.I was not told that I had to wait until our debts where sent to colletion before they settled our bills.

Hello again Hurley, I apologize for the delay in getting back to you with a response. I think there were some technical difficulties within this portal which did not allow me to reply back to you.

In response to your question I have conducted some research on United Member Plans (http://unitedmemberplans.com).

UnitedMember seems to be in the business of selling prepaid services such as medical, legal, tax, etc. You pre-pay for a particular membership and through this membership they allow you the use of their services which may be for a doctor, lawyer, etc. But I am not seeing where this company specializes directly in debt consolidation which is a red flag. UnitedMember should never make claims to be able to settle your debt at less than 50% of what you owe when they are not a debt consolidation company. Additionally, I see some complaints from other customers saying how they started to charge them monthly fees without their authorization. I have also seen complaints where customers complain that they were charged monthly fees while they were waiting for their debt to be "sent to collections" but that process seemed to drag on forever and they never actually received any debt consolidation services.

While it is legal for debt consolidation companies to charge you a fee for their services, they are not allowed to have separate companies such as Worden and Associates just charge you out of the blue without your authorization.

In this instance I would recommend that you stop doing business with this company and contact your bank right away in order to stop the monthly charges and tell them that the $400 in charges are fraudulent. Tell them you were fraudulently led to believe you were being charged by UnitedMember for debt consolidation services but instead you started getting charged by Worden and Associates without your authorization and without any services rendered. Tell them you believe this is some kind of scam and you were misled/tricked into sending your bank/checking account information. The bank should have no problem processing a chargeback (reversing the transaction and giving your money back) if you claim the transaction was fraudulent. Make sure you claim this was fraud when you file your dispute for the $400 and ask to get a new bank card sent to you if necessary.

It has been my pleasure to assist you today and I hope this answer has helped you. If you do have any additional questions, feel free to ask and I will be happy to answer.

Please remember that I only receive credit for answering your question when you accept my answer using the 3, 4 or 5 STARS on the top of the screen and then SUBMIT. I work very hard to give you the most honest and accurate answer; I kindly ask that you reciprocate my good faith by accepting my answer.

If you feel I did an excellent job, bonuses are always appreciated!

Even after you accept my answer, you can still ask follow up questions at no additional cost. Thank you again and I wish you all the best!