Zoey_JD
Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

Empowernet has taken money out of my account with out my

Customer Question

empowernet has taken money out of my account with out my knowlge don't know how they got my account
JA: The Fraud Examiner will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Fraud Examiner can help you best.
Customer: said there #is(###) ###-####its no longer there if it ever was
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Fraud Examiner should know?
Customer: took out $72.00 one time om 11-16 and another on 11-16 $45.95
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 7 days ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Do you have a contract of any sort with empowernet?

Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 7 days ago.

That number belongs to Empower network, a get-rich-quick/work at home system advertised on the web. You can find out more about them here. Like all of these programs that promise you the moon, in most cases membershihp will cost you more than you'll actually make from the program. There are several scam reports on the web about them, and according to Scambook, the average person reports losses of over $7,000.

Have you signed up for their program, or are these just unauthorized charges? If you haven't signed up, you need to contact your credit card carrier and report the unauthorized charges and ask for a chargeback. If it's still the first or second billing period, you should get your money back after they investigate. More importantly, you would want to cancel your credit card and send them a new one.

If you did sign up with their program, then you want to cancel your membership before you contact your carrier. They apparently ask that instead of calling you write to***@******.*** for customer complaints.

This company is known to the Better Business Bureau and they have 107 complaints about them. Nevertheless, they believe the company does try to deal with consumer complaint, so they have given the company a B+ rating. You can find more contact information about them here and see if you can resolve this with the company. Read the section on Reviews and Complaints, which will tell you who to contact.

If contacting them doesn't solve your problem, notify the Better Business Bureau, your state attorney general and the Federal Trade Commission.

If you want to try and take them to Florida small claims court, you could sue them for the return of your money.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I will contact my bank they take care of fraulds
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 7 days ago.

Yes. Start with your bank if this is unauthorized. That way you should get some money back if you have reported the withdrawals promptly after they happened. But you do want to also report these folks to make sure they get stopped.

If you require additional information, please post your follow up here on this question thread, and I’ll be happy to provide it.

If I have addressed all of your concerns, please take the time to rate my service to you by selecting 3, 4, or 5 stars, as that is the only way that JustAnswer gives us Experts credit for our work here. You would still be able to ask further follow ups about this incident for no additional cost, even after I've been rated.

Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 6 days ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.