Zoey_JD
Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

Is Allied Doc Prep a scam?

Customer Question

Is Allied Doc Prep a scam?
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 19 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 19 days ago.

What involvement have you had with this company?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
they contacted my daughter and said they could consolidate her school loans (approx. $70,000.00) to a $43,00 payment for 20 years (at which time it would be paid off) and the cost to make this happen is $599.00 . Just sounded like a scam to me.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 19 days ago.

OK, thank you for your response. I will review the relevant information and sources and will get back to you at the earliest opportunity. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Also, please do not responded to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 18 days ago.

I have looked into your query in more detail but unfortunately it is not something I can assist with. I will therefore ‘opt out’ and a colleague better placed to deal with the nature of your query should hopefully pick this up soon. Please do not reply in the meantime as that will just assign the question back to me and you will experience a delay. Thank you

Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 18 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am another expert. Are you talking about AlliedDocPrep.com supposedly in Los Angeles, CA? Did they call your daughter out of the blue and press her to sign up with them now using the excuse that it would have to be done under the Obama presidency? There's a lot of this particular scam going around right now -- scammers trying to capitalize on the fact that the laws may change as to loan forgiveness once the new president takes office.

This looks like the typical student loan debt relief scam to me.

The WHOIS information behind the Allied Doc Prep's website tells me that this website was just created on September 2, 2016. So this business is only a bit more than 1 month old. Its website calls itself the leading business in this area, which is clearly a lie. The site has registered for one year only, the least amount of time you can register a domain for. This site will disappear into cyberspace in 11 more months. Alllied Doc Prep registered its domain name by using a private proxy service to hide the identity of its site owner and its actual location. That's another red flag. www.domaintools.com says that the information they got from Allied was not valid.

Allied's website has no contact information other than a toll free number and a post office box in Los Angeles. These too are red flags, as is the fact that they want up front money.

The California Secretary of STate's website lists no such company as Allied Doc Prep doing business in that state.

Where would you really find these folks if they run off with your daughter's money? Your guess is as good as mine, because they could be anybody, anywhere in the world. Giving these people your daughter's sensitive personal financial information would be a recipe for disaster.

Avoid.

You can read more about student loan relief scams here. If she's eligible for such relief, your daughter would be able to get it for herself by following the directions on the link. There's no reason to have to pay for it.

If you require additional information, please post your follow up here on this question thread, and I’ll be happy to provide it.

If I have addressed all of your concerns, please take the time to rate my service to you by selecting 3, 4, or 5 stars, as that is the only way that JustAnswer gives us Experts credit for our work here. You would still be able to ask further follow ups about this incident for no additional cost, even after I've been rated.

Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 17 days ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.