Zoey_JD
Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

Hs dragon is a parallel import company that will pay $2000

Customer Question

hs dragon is a parallel import company that will pay $2000 plus if an individual buys a car for export to the free trade zone. are they ligitimate?
JA: The fraud examiner will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the fraud examiner can help you best.
Customer: hs drago.us is located in Charlotte, NC and part of hs dragon international llc. they want individuals to purchase high end cars and reimburse them. the cars are ten picked up and sent to charlotte for container shipments to the china ftz for resale.
JA: Is there anything else the fraud examiner should be aware of?
Customer: not at this time
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 23 days ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now.

Do you have the full website for this company?

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
HS dragon.us
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 23 days ago.

Thank you. Please give me a few minutes to see what i can find and post a response.

Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 23 days ago.

The North Carolina Secretary of State's corporate register does have a listing for an HS Dragon. However, it was only registered on July 7, 2106. So this company is only 4 months old, and the fact that it is registered, which would normally be a good sign, is not meaningful. Scammers do register bogus corporations. It's easy enough to do and it's not very costly. Then when their fees and annual tax filings come due a year later, they go inactive and ultimately get stricken from the register. But for a year, which is all scammers tend to want to stick around for, they give the illusion of being a real company.

Because it's too soon for this company to have filed any tax records with North Carolina, it's not possible to verify any business activities or to use the fact that they have filed with the state to say that they are legitimate. Nor can you rely on a lack of scam reports. The business is brand new.

The registered address for the company, however, is virtual rather than actual. You can see that for yourself here. So they have no actual presence in South Carolina, and that's a bad sign. China is a very high scam country.

The WHOIS information behind the website of hsdragon.us tells me that the site was only launched in May 2016, and it was registered for one year only. That's a huge red flag since one year is the least amount of time that you can register a domain name for and real companies register their corporate domain names and their websites for multiple years at a time because they intend to stick around for the long haul. This company isn't looking to stick around at all.

You can see the WHOIS information for yourself by going to a site such as www.domaintools.com and entering HSdragon.us into the search box.

Scamadviser.com considers it a moderately risky site based on the site's short life expectancy, which is consistent with fraud.

Although I cannot prove that this company is a fake, all of the signs are there. Any deal that looks too good to be true always is. There are no independent signs on the web that they are doing actual business anywhere. THe only references on the web to this company come from the company themselves on their own website.

AVOID.

Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 21 days ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.