Ben Jones
Ben Jones, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer with fraud examination experience
29905560

Is [email protected] a Scam, Ok I got a text from

Customer Question

Hi is [email protected] a Scam
JA: Oh, dear. I'm sure the fraud examiner can help you. Please tell me everything you can so the fraud examiner can help you best.
Customer: Ok I got a text from a friend on Facebook, (but think he account has been hacked. Telling me to go onto this site as they give out grants to people who need it. So if I wanted $90,000 I pay $2,000 to get it. Or if I wanted $200,000 I would pay $5,000 to get it. So my thoughts are this is a complete scam!
JA: Is there anything else the fraud examiner should be aware of?
Customer: Just go into the website www.fbimfgrantempowerment
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 18 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 18 days ago.

This is a scam. Such types of scams, also known as ‘advance-fee fraud’ are unfortunately very common these days and many unsuspecting people fall for them. The 'government grant' scam is just another variation.

The ways in which such scams operate are as follows:

· You are contacted, usually out of the blue and promised a grant.

· Before the grant materializes, you are asked to pay a sum of money for various reasons, commonly as a processing fee, administrative costs, etc. This is the advance-fee part of the scam and such payments are never required in the circumstances, or even by law.

· Once the money has been sent, the fraudster usually vanishes and the grant never materializes.

The website is quite comical as a lot of the info on there is fake and misleading and it is not true. So do not be fooled by this - it is 100% a scam

DO NOT proceed any further with this. DO NOT send any information and certainly do not send money if asked to. Cease all contact with the other party and do not communicate any further with them.

If you wish to report this, the following options are available to you:

· You can forward any scam emails and details to: *****@******.***

· If the scam originated through the internet, submit a complaint to the Internet Crime Complaint Centre (IC3) by following this link: http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars - this is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you still need me to clarify anything else, please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 17 days ago.

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. If this has answered your question please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars from the top of the page. I spend a lot of time and effort answering individual queries and I am not credited for my time until you leave your rating. If you still need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Many thanks.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 16 days ago.

Hello, do you need any further assistance or are you happy with the above response? Look forward to hearing from you.