Nick-FraudExaminer
Nick-FraudExaminer, Fraud/Investigations/Financial Analysis
Experience:  Fraud Investigations
93685840

I would like to know if National Consumer Advocates, 10720

Customer Question

I would like to know if National Consumer Advocates, 10720 Indian School Road, Phoenix has any compliants against them. Also would like to know if this company is involved in any scam
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Nick-FraudExaminer replied 27 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am the fraud expert who will be assisting you today.

Please be patient while I conduct some research prepare a response for you. I’ll be back shortly with your answer.

Also, If you would prefer to speak on the phone (for an additional fee) to get your question answered faster, please let me know and I can make that happen.

Hello again and thank you for your patience while I have conducted my research. Here are my results:

State Business Register: The State of Arizona business register does show National Consumer Advocates as an active Marketing company doing business in Phoenix, Arizona. It shows the owner as Caleb Newsome and that the company just recently registered with the State of Arizona on 9/15/2016. They have paid their required business registration fees through the year 2021. This is both a good sign and a bad sign. Usually scam companies will not register themselves with the State and pay registration fees for 6 years in advance so this seems to be a good sign. However, the fact that the company just started its back in September is a bad sign because it is impossible to find any historical information on them to see if they have any customer complaints.

U.S. Better Business Bureau (BBB): The company National Consumer Advocates does not show up as being active company/organization in Phoenix, AZ according to BBB records. The only National Consumer Advocates in their records is a debt consolidation company located in Northridge, California. The fact that there is no BBB record makes sense if the company just started back in September because there has barely been any time for anyone to lodge a complaint about them.

Website Information: After conducting some research on the company, I cannot locate a website for the company. Almost all legitimate companies have a functioning website so this is quite unusual and a red flag.

Physical Address Check: This address provided on the company business registration (10720 Indian School Road #19, Phoenix) exists and it is coming back to a strip mall in Phoenix. It is possible that this business could be located in a strip mall.

Overall Results & Recommendation: It seems that this company is practically brand new. It is very concerning that I cannot find a website for them nor can I find any information on the BBB about the company. Because the company is so new there really is no way to tell if they will take good care of their customers or not. I always err on the side of caution and try to avoid these kinds of newer companies. The reason for that is a brand new company is always a red flag for a potential scam company. Scam companies operate for short periods of time and then close down. Then they re-open under a different name in a new location and follow the same pattern. They do this to avoid law enforcement. So basically you are rolling the dice if you do business with a brand new company when you can probably find a similar company that has a history of past business dealings with its customers and reviews that you can look at.

It has been my pleasure to assist you today and I hope this answer has helped you. If you do have any additional questions, feel free to ask and I will be happy to answer.

Please remember that I only receive credit for answering your question when you accept my answer using the 3, 4 or 5 STARS on the top of the screen and then SUBMIT. I work very hard to give you the most honest and accurate answer; I kindly ask that you reciprocate my good faith by accepting my answer.

If you feel I did an excellent job, bonuses are always appreciated!

Even after you accept my answer, you can still ask follow up questions at no additional cost. Thank you again and I wish you all the best!

Expert:  Nick-FraudExaminer replied 25 days ago.

Hello again, I noticed you were able to view the answer I prepared for you. Do you need any further information or clarification?

If so, please reply here on this question thread.

My main goal is to make sure that you are fully satisfied with your answer. I look forward to hearing from you.